This episode addresses our frustration with able-bodied people not "getting us" and what we could be doing to alleviate the divide with communication and a differently angled perspective.
- MS and social media
- Looking for confirmation that you're not the only one
- One social media MS theme that sticks out
- How insensitive able-bodied people can be
- They just don't get us
- Should they get us?
- They don't speak our language
- Are they insensitive or are we sensitive?
- Teaching the able-bodied our language
- Communication is key
- The able-bodied are not psychic
- Asking for help even if you don't want to
- Not everybody is going to get you
- There will always be some unthoughtful, unsympathetic jerk who could ruin your day
- The able-bodied person may not even realize they're being what appears to be insensitive
- It's your responsibility to educate
- You need to teach them your language
- Forget about Aunt Harriett