Thursday Jan 12, 2023
Thursday Jan 12, 2023
Today we're going to be talking about integrative and functional medicine and how you can use them in tandem for your best and healthiest outcome while living with MS.
No matter where you are in the trajectory of your disease. Whether you've just been diagnosed or you've had it for 30 years, you may have asked yourself, "What can I be doing for myself above and beyond the drugs I'm taking, or the infusions I'm getting? There has to be something else."
That's where our next guest, Dr. Susan Payrovi, comes into play. Dr. Payrovi is the co-founder of True Medicine which you'll hear more about in this episode. She's board certified in integrative and functional medicine and has dedicated her practice to a whole-person approach to treatment that goes beyond simply throwing drugs at a patient to see what sticks.
Over and above her degrees that hang on her wall, Dr. Payrovi is even more uniquely qualified to provide advice to her patients because she herself lives with MS.
Please join Jodi and I in welcoming Dr. Susan Payrovi as she educates us on the power of lifestyle habits that can lead to lifelong wellness.
- What is integrative and functional medicine?
- The power of lifestyle habits
- Looking at the human body through a different lens
- Looking at the underlying cause of symptoms
- Looking beyond the physical body
- The profound effect of childhood experiences
- Convincing a patient to consider integrative and functional medicine
- The advantages of working in groups
- Starting with one small change
- What integrative and functional medicine isn't
- What one lifestyle habit would have the biggest effect
- How to make gains in sleep
- The role exercise plays in good sleep
- Cortisol, Melatonin and how they affect sleep
- The lesser known benefits of exercise/movement
- The gut microbiome
- How much exercise to create change
- Rats and remyelination
- The best time of day to exercise
- How much exercise is enough
- Keeping positive mindset in your MS toolbox
- Looking for the gifts of your MS
- Stress management
- Mindset and longevity
- Underestimating the power of our thoughts
- The influence of who you surround yourself with
- Integrative and functional medicine and insurance
- Dr. Payrovi's True Medicine practice
- A structured way to think through your goals
- 12-day detox challenge
- Gut restoration program
THE MS GYM:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.