MS - Beyond the Diets, Bonus! Post-HSCT Nutrition Unraveled. How to Avoid Setbacks and Recurrent Relapse.
In this bonus episode on diet Post-HSCT (hematopoietic stem cell transplant), licensed dietitian and HSCT veteran, Ahna Crum, unravels the multi-layered task of safely redirecting your nutrition after transplant. Ahna, who's certified in integrative and functional medical nutrition therapy, holds a masters certificate in dietetics and is currently working on her 2nd master's degree in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine.
You've just been hit with a physiological atomic bomb! Let Ahna educate you on how to heal your body and maintain your immune health by taking control of your nutrition.
- Avascular necrosis
- Your second chance to avoid autoimmune disease
- Adrenal glands and physiological stress
- Steroids and their assault on your adrenal gland
- Sleep and neurotransmitter balance
- Compromised bone health
- Preventing AVN (avascular necrosis)
- Vitamin k2, Vitamin D and osteoporosis
- Genetic vulnerabilities that require customized supplementation
- How taking high-dose Vitamin D only is a disservice to bone health
- Covering all your bases with conventional medicine, functional medicine and biochemistry
- Factors that may have propelled you to require HSCT
- Thyroid health post-HSCT and the huge role it plays in overall health
- How to bolster your thyroid function
- Hormone levels and your thyroid
- The effects of chemo on your microbiome
- Your gastrointestinal tract and your central nervous system are direct targets of chemo
- The disadvantage of staying on a neutropenic diet longer than necessary
- How to know when it's safe to transition out of a neutropenic diet
- What heals your GI tract post-HSCT. It's NOT food.
- Blood work and lymphocyte subset panels
- The services/testing/courses Ahna provides and where to find her
- Don't stop with resetting your immune system!
Ahna Crum - Restorative Nutrition
The MS Gym - www.themsgym.com
Brooke Slick - www.brookeslick.com